Orchid University 101 – The Basics of Orchid Culture
The Naples Orchid Society is pleased to announce a very special six week program starting in 2016 where you can learn just about everything there is to know about orchids.
- Click here to download the registration form for 2016 to complete and send with your payment.
The Orchid Culture Programs will be presented in the gymnasium at the Mooring Presbyterian Church, 791 Harbour Drive, Naples, Florida, for six consecutive Saturdays beginning on January 9, 2016 and ending on February 13, 2016. Programs begin at 9:30 AM and end at 12:30 PM (the six classes will each be three hours long with one break). A Handbook containing Culture sheets plus a guidebook will be given to each registrant, as well as some blooming size orchid plants. Cost will be $60.00 for members, $90.00 for non-members, for all six classes, payable with application. Payment is required to reserve your space. Application fees are not refundable, except in an emergency.
Topics Presented by Our Own Local Experts Include:
- What Makes an Orchid an Orchid
- Cattleyas and their Relatives
- Oncidiums and their Relatives
- Vandas and their Relatives
- Orchids for the Beginner and the Collector
- Slipper Orchids & Catasetums
- Pests and Diseases and “Cures”
If you have any questions before the classes start, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Dr. Pippen” in the subject line.
Articles by Dick Pippen